Thursday, August 27, 2009

My Favorite Things Sketch Challenge--#96

Good morning!! It's Thursday--yippee!!! That means tomorrow is Friday and then a weekend off!!! Saturday I'm going to a scrapbook/stamping store with about 12 other fanatics--can't wait. There's a ton of stuff I need to be doing at home, but, hey, you all understand, right? ;-) Usually my DH is along and although he never rushes me, I *feel* rushed, KWIM? This time, I'll be with kindred spirits, LOL!

OK, on to today's projects. It's time for another My Favorite Things' Sketch and My Favorite Challenge over at the Member Company Forum on SCS. I'm showing both in this post because I hope to have some sneaky peaks of next week's releases for you over the weekend and tomorrow I'll have my Stamp Simply card. So many cards, so few days ;-)

Here's the sketch. I just got Cosmo Cricket's new Early Bird 6 x 6 pad. OMGosh,I love it!!!! I really hope they'll do all their collections in this size!!! So, the mechanics of this card are pretty obvious, I think. I stamped Birthday Flopsey on a Perfect Paper Panel with Memento Rich Cocoa ink, colored him with Copic markers and cut him out. Then I cut/embossed an oval with Very Vanilla and sponged it to closely match the DP background with distress ink. Flopsey's cake is paper pieced and he's up on 3M foam squares. The little side elements are ribbon with buttons tied on with linen thread.

~Recipe~
Stamps: Birthday Flopsey (MFT)
Paper: Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip, Sage Shadow (SU!); Early Bird 6 x 6 pad (Cosmo Cricket); Perfect Paper Panels (MFT)
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa
Accessories: Cuttlebug/Nestabilities dies; 3M foam squares, ribbon (craft store); Copic markers; buttons (stash); border punch (Martha Stewart); linen thread (SU!)

OK, on to My Favorite Challenge for this week. The challenge is to make a Christmas (or holiday if Christmas is not your thing) ornament. I'd been wanting to try out this technique I saw on SCS, so I gave it a try.

I stamped Peppermint Cats on shrink plastic with black StazOn ink and CAREFULLY colored it with Copic markers. I say carefully because Copic markers will smear StazOn. Seriously smear it. And water based markers take *forevah* to dry, but Copic markers dry right away. OK, so it's colored and cut out. I cut off the bottom half of the image because I knew the tails would curl up and stick to themselves if I cut them out and the entire image was too large to get into the ornament. So, here's the finished product. Kinda cute, huh? I don't like the cap wires showing, so if I do more of these I'll have to figure out what to do with them ;-) And, I shoulda stamped the sentiment on the outside. Duh! ;-)

~Recipe~
Stamps: Peppermint Cats (MFT)
Paper: none
Ink: StazOn black
Accessories: shrink plastic, clear glass ornament, Perle cottonm ribbon (craft store); oven; Copic markers; 1/8" hole punch

I'm so glad you stopped by today!

1 comment:

  1. GREAT card, Bar! That sketch looks awesome... I'll have to try it out with my new stuff! LOVE the ornament, too! Very clever!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!