Sunday, April 26, 2009

Celebrate Life


This card is a double hitter: SCS Color Combinations #215: Basic Gray, Pink Pirouette, and Rose Red and Flourishes' Timeless Tuesday #12--to use acetate. Love the color combination! I've had some acetate card stock for a while but never got up the nerve to use it. This challenge made me do it. I'm happy with how it turned out, but I'm not sure I'm an acetate card kinda girl, LOL. I pulled out an old SCS Sketch for this card.

My base card is, of course, acetate card stock. The next element is Basic Gray and Urban Prairie DP from Basic Grey. The focal element and the sentiement element are the same, as far as cardstock is concerned: images stamped on Whisper White and matted with Basic Gray and Rose Red. All images are from PTI's Life set and were colored with SU! markers and ink pad. I added a few pink jewels to accent the sentiment element and that was that!

Thanks for dopping by today!

~Recipe~
Stamps:
Life (PTI)

Paper:
Whisper White, Basic Gray, Ruby Red (SU!); Urban Prairie DP (Basic Grey)

Ink:
Rose Red and Basic Gray (SU!)

Accessories:
3M foam squares (craft store); pink jewels (The Paper Studio)


2 comments:

  1. Oi. Parabéns pelo excelente blog. Gostaria de lhe convidar para visitar meu blog e conhecer alguma coisa sobre o Brasil. Abração

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks to me like you're an acetate-girl! This is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!