Monday, February 09, 2009

Birthday flourish

This card is for a friend's birthday and for Flourishes' new Timeless Tuesday challenge. The challenge is to have a *flourish* somewhere on the card.

My base card is Whisper White with layers of Old Olive, Pretty In Pink and DP from Basic Grey's Romani/Gypsy 6 x 6 pack. Very colorful paper. I tied a 5/8" double stitched grosgrain ribbon around that before adding the focal image. The focal image was stamped on Stamper's Select white card stock from PTI with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I used a stamp from Inkadinkado's Classic Botanicals cling set and it is colored with Copic markers (see below for colors I used) and sponged with Creamy Caramel ink. It was then matted on Pretty In Pink and Old Olive and adhered with 3M foam squares. The sentiment was stamped on the same card stock with the same ink and a stamp from PTI's Birthday Basics set, sponged with Creamy Caramel and punched out with the Word Window punch. It was then matted on Old Olive that was punched out with the small oval punch and adhered with foam squares. The flourish is from a little chipboard pack by K & Co. I colored it with my Old Olive marker, glued it on the focal image with Crystal Effects, and added a Fresh Cut Grass Dew Drop using a Quickie Glue Pen. I really love Dew Drops. They work as well as brads, and have the added bonus of being able to be used last--if you decide you needed the visual appeal of brads but your card is already put together. Love 'em!

Thanks for dropping by!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Classic Botanicals (Inkadinkado); Birthday Basics (PTI)
Paper:
Whisper White, Old Olive, Pretty In Pink (SU!); Romani/Gypsy 6 x 6 pad (Basic Grey)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Creamy Caramel (SU!)
Accessories:
3M foam squares, ribbon (craft store); chipboard flourish (K & Co.); Word Window and Small Oval punches (SU!); sponge; Dew Drops (Robins Nest); Copic markers

1 comment:

  1. What a beauty! LOVE your theory about using Dew Drops! I have sometimes buckled and added a last-second brad to a card, even though the "brad-butt" will show through, and I should remember to use my Dew Drops more often!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!