Sunday, January 25, 2009

You warm my heart

Another new to me set from MFT. I just love these stamps! This card is for Papercraft Planet's sketch for January 17. I'll get it uploaded there sometime, LOL. I like this sketch--I'm sure I'll use it again.

My base card is Close To Cocoa with a layer of Bashful Blue then a layer of Frosty Day DSP. By now you've probably figured out that I like lots of layers, LOL. I like this DP a lot. It's a good winter set without being Christmas, and I think this one could qualify as a non-traditional Valetine's Day card. The next element is the same, with different DP. The focal image is from the Baby It's Cold Outside set. I stamped it on watercolor paper with Basic Brown and colored it with Stampin' markers, reinkers, and a blender pen, then popped it up on 3M foam squares. The sentiment is from the same set and was stamped on watercolor paper with Basic Brown and attached to three punched snowflakes with a brad--also attached with a foam square. The upper right corner looked kinda bare, so I added photo corners with some brads, also up on foam squares. This image was fun to play with--looking forward to doing it in different colors.

Thanks for stopping by!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Baby It's Cold Outside (MFT)
Paper: Close To Cocoa, Bashful Blue, Frosty Day DSP (SU!)
Ink: Close To Cocoa, Kiwi Kiss, Tangerine Tango, Bashful Blue, Basic Brown, Going Gray (SU!)
Accessories: 3M foam squares, brads (craft store); snowflake punches Martha Stewart); Photo Corner punch (SU!)

1 comment:

  1. Very cute! It is funny; once SU retires a paper, I have trouble using it again....I want to move on to new stuff! Luckily, I have only a couple pieces of this adorable DP left, but I want to hoard it! You've done a great job with this--as usual!
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!