Saturday, January 03, 2009

A get well wish...

..and another quadruple-header :) This card is for The Holiday Challenge Extravaganza #13 and #14. And for Paper Craft Planet's sketch challenge for December 27 and a get well card. Woohoo!

Challenge #13 was to use something old or something you'd been hoarding. Well this Afternoon Tea DSP fit that criteria. I haven't used it because it's retired and so pretty I didn't want to use it up, LOL. For #13, the challenge was to use your favorite stamp set. I can't pick ONE favorite, but Verve's Wonderful Wishes is sure in the top 5 for me. As for the sketch, I followed it "mostly". I'm not a fan of long cards so I shortened it, but otherwise stayed pretty true to the sketch.

My base card is Whisper White with a layer of Chocolate Chip, then Groovy Guava, then DSP. The next element is two patterns from the SDP with Soft Sky and Wild Wasabi ribbons tied around. The focal image was stamped on Whisper White with Groovy Guava, Wild Wasabi, and Chocolate Chip and matted on Wild Wasabi, both cut/embossed with rectangle Nestabilities and is up on 3M foam squares. For some shimmer, I went over this with Sakura glitter pens. The sentiment was stamped on Soft Sky with Chocolate Chip, using the Cute & Curly stamp and a sentiment from Wonderful Wishes and punch out with the Curly punch and is also up on 3M foam squares. Three pewter brads add balance.

~Recipe~
Stamps: Live Your Dream (SU!), Wonderful Wishes (Verve)
Paper: Afternoon Tea DSP, Wild Wasabi, Groovy Guava, Soft Sky (all retired), Chocolate Chip and Whisper White (SU!)
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Wild Wasabi, Groovy Guava, Chocolate Chip (SU!)
Accessories: Cuttlebug, Nestabilities, Soft Sky and Wild Wasabi ribbon, Curly punch (SU!), pewter brads and 3M foam squares (craft store)

2 comments:

  1. Barb, I just found your blog through Color Throw Down! I'm so glad you joined the team. Your work is fabulous! I love your style, your sketches, and sense of color. No wonder you were invited to join. I will definitely be back! So glad I found your extraordinary blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another beauty with great colors! You've been busy, challenge queen!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!