Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Take my breath away

That's pretty much what the colors for SCS's color combination 198 did to me when I saw them, LOL. Orchid Opulence, So Saffron, and Cameo Coral. No green. Whoa! The layout I'm using is i{heart}2 stamp's Sketch For You To Try found here. Great sketch--and one I'm sure I'll use again.

My base card is Whisper White, followed by layers of Orchid Opulence, So Saffron, and Cameo Coral, then a layer of Whisper White that I ran through my Cuttlebug with the Textile embossing folder.

The sentiment is from Verve's Wonderful You set, stamped on Whisper White with Basic Gray ink and cut/embossed with a Nestabilities die, as were the layers beneath it. A strip of orchid ribbon runs under it.

The focal image is the Prima flowers. They're attached with glitter brads in matching colors with leaves added that I punched with Martha Stewart's leafy branch punch.

OMGosh! I have stark white on this card--no sponging, LOL!!

Whew! This was a scary combination, for sure! BUT, I think I pulled it off--so much so that I think this is going to be a keeper!

Thanks for stopping by!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Wonderful You (Verve)
Paper: Whisper White, Orchid Opulence, So Saffron, and Cameo Coral (SU!)
Ink: Basic Gray (SU!)
Accessories: Primas, Cuttlebug, Nestabilities, 1/8" hole punch, ribbon, glitter brads, Martha Stewart leafy branch punch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!