Monday, November 03, 2008

Certainly Ruby Skies

I really like how this card turned out. I started with i{heart}2stamp's sketch challenge here but I think I went rogue on it, LOL, so I won't count it!

Anyway, my card base is Whisper White with a layer of Ruby Red then a layer of DP from Hobby Lobby. I then added an element of Certainly Celery--one edge is punched with a Martha Stewart decorative edge punch that I almost totally covered up, LOL, and the other is paper pierced. The focal image is stamped with my new Upsy Daisy stamp in retired In Color Soft Sky and matted with Soft Sky card stock. The sentiment is from the same set, stamped on Whisper White with Ruby Red ink and matted with Ruby Red card stock. Prima flowers and a brad in matching colors finish it off! I'd like to get this for a birthday card and I hope the intended recipient likes it, too. Thanks for looking!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Upsy Daisy (SU!)
Paper: Whisper White, Ruby Red, Soft Sky (retired), and Certainly Celery (SU!), DP (Hobby Lobby)
Ink: Soft Sky, Ruby Red (SU!)
Accessories: Martha Stewart decorative edge punch, Prima flowers, brad (craft store), paper piercer/mat/Tim Holtz ruler/hole guide

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!