Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Beautiful You

OK, I'm on a Verve kick, LOL!! I'm going to use this card for a birthday card for a beautiful friend, so I thought it was an appropriate sentiment. It's also for Paper Craft Planet's sketch challenge for this week.

My card base is Whisper White with a layer of Sage Shadow then a layer of DP from SU!'s Autumn Vine collection. The first element is also Sage Shadow with another pattern from that collection. I paper pierced around it, corner punched the DP, and added flat back pearls to the corners. The sentiment, from Verve's Beautiful You set, is stamped on Whisper White with Chocolate Chip ink. I also paper pierced around it, punched the corners, and added flat back pearls. I couldn't resist--I *had* to add a little Creamy Caramel sponging to it's edges (I have a problem with stark white, apparently, LOL!). That element is attached with dimensionals and then I added Prima flowers down the side in matching colors, centered with flat back pearls and accented with matching "foliage" from Martha Stewart's leafy branch punch. That's it and I love it! It was easy to do and came together just the way I wanted it to. That's always "a good thing". Thanks for dropping by!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Wonderful You (Verve)
Paper: Sage Shadow, Whisper White, Autumn Vine DP (SU!)
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Creamy Caramel (SU!)
Accessories: Prima flowers, flat back pearls (Hobby Lobby), Martha Stewart leafy branch punch. paper piercer/mat/template, sponge

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, if you'd have thrown a little eggplant in there, you would have had a Color Throwdown card, too! This is just beautiful! I love all the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! Love the branches & the flowers add just the nice touch. I always shy away from flowers as I think they'll make my card too thick to mail. How do you mail them?
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!