Thursday, October 23, 2008

Color Throwdown # 16

OK, this was a tough one for me. The colors this week are Chocolate Chip, Creamy Caramel, Ballet Blue, and Green Galore. Hmmmm. My mojo's on vacation. What to do? Well, I dug out this DP and it has all the colors in it, and I need a baby card soon, so what the heck!

I started with a Chocolate Chip card base, then added a layer of Ballet Blue, which I paper pierced all around. Next, a layer of Green Galore on which I used my scalloped border punch and also paper pierced each scallop. Next, a layer of the DP and I also scalloped the edge of it. I wanted lots of the paper to show, so I needed a small sentiment element. I stamped the baby image from Punches Three twice on Whisper White card stock--once with Chocolate Chip and once with Creamy Caramel. I cut the center out of the Creamy Caramel one and layered it on dimensionals on top of the Chocolate Chip image. I punched holes in the bottom one, where the little stars are, and threaded blue sheer and tan satin ribbon through the holes and secured the ribbon to the back. That's pretty much it. Not earth shattering but it'll do. Thanks for stopping by and taking a look at what I've been up to!

Recipe: Stamps--Punches Three hostess gift (SU!); Paper--Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, Green Galore, and Ballet Blue (SU!); Ink--Chocolate Chip, Creamy Caramel (SU!); Accessories--ribbon (craft store).

2 comments:

  1. Hey Barb! Yes, this color combo was a challenge, wasn't it! Yikes! But you arose to that challenge with this beauty! Thanks for playing along! And have a great weekend!
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! You made those colors work well! Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!