Friday, August 08, 2008

Fresh Cut Color Throwdown #5.

I needed a card to send to a friend and I needed one for this week's Color Throwdown challenge so this is it. The colors this week are Wild Wasabi, Purely Pomegranate, and So Saffron. When I first saw them they shouted "FALL" to me, but I resisted so I could make this card that I needed. I really love the Fresh Cuts set. I didn't put a sentiment on the card because the main image has "thinking of you" all over it and thought that sufficed. Also, I limited the embellishments since the main image is so detailed. The base card is white, with the three challenge colors layered on top. I colored the main image with a So Saffron marker and watercolored the leaves with my Wild Wasabi reinker. The main image is layered on Purely Pomegranate card stock and is up on dimensionals, although you can't tell that from the picture. The only embellishment is Purely Pomegranate double stitched ribbon. I stamped a smaller image from the set inside the card and another on the envelope. Thanks for looking!

Recipe: Stamp--Fresh Cuts (Stampin' Up!); card stock--white GP, Purely Pomegranate, Wild Wasabi, and So Saffron (Stampin' Up!); Ink--Purely Pomegranate, Wild Wasabi, and So Saffron marker (Stampin' Up!); Accessories--Purely Pomegranate double stitched ribbon.

2 comments:

  1. Just a perfect use of these great colors! I love how you colored your stamp and using just the ribbon makes the image pop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I'm so late with comments Barb! I just love what you did with this! Perfect combination of the colors, and lovely card! Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!