Saturday, August 23, 2008

Color Throwdown #7

The Color Throwdown challenge colors for this week are Ballet Blue, Bashful Blue, and Apricot Appeal. I decided to use the Meet The Verve Diva sketch challenge layout over at Splitcoast Stampers and this is what I came up with. My base card is Bashful Blue, followed by a Ballet Blue layer and an Apricot Appeal layer that I ran through my Cuttlebug with the D'Vine Swirls folder. The next element is an Apricot Appeal layer that I stamped in Apricot Appeal with my Stitched background stamp, but it doesn't show up well in this picture. That is layered on a Ballet Blue layer that I ran through the Cuttlebug with a long rectangles Nestabilities die. The sentiment element is stamped on Whisper White with a stamp from the Always set, layered on Ballet Blue and then Bashful Blue cut with Nestabilities dies, too. A blue satin bow and some brads finish it off. I'm going to use this for an anniversary card. Hope you like it!

Recipe: Stamps--Stitched background and Always set (SU!); Paper--Whisper White, Ballet Blue, Bashful Blue, and Apricot Appeal (SU!); Ink--Ballet Blue, Bashful Blue, and Apricot Appeal (SU!); Accessories--ribbon and brads (craft store); Tools--Cuttlebug and D'Vine Swirls folder, long rectangle, small circle, and small and petite scalloped Nestabilities dies.

1 comment:

  1. Sweet! The Ballet Blue really pops out against the Apricot! (P.S. You might need to leave another comment on the Color Throwdown blog with your link... I'm assuming now that I've seen this that your the Barb who left a comment last week with a link that doesn't really work!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!