Monday, July 21, 2008

A thank you.

On July 15, 2008, my mother, Gladys Hogge Smith passed away. This is a thank you card to a very dear friend for the lovely flowers she sent.

This card is also for the Color Throwdown challenge this week: Pumpkin Pie, Barely Banana, and Cool Carribean. I don't have any Cool Carribean so I used Tempting Turquoise instead. Since I didn't have any DP with these colors I made some using my Spring Solitude wheel. First time to do this and I'm happy with the results. The two bottom layers of flower petals are from some hydrangeas I got on sale at Michaels and took apart. The center flower is from Wal*Mart. I cut the sentiment element with my Nestabilities ribbon slider and embossed it. The striped ribbon is from a craft store and matches perfectly. Gold brads finish off the corner. I don't like to have brad prongs showing on the back side so I cut them off and glued the caps on. I stamped the image from Spring Solitude on the envelope and inside the card on a white paper liner. This was a fun challenge--can't wait for the next one. They get me using colors I might not use otherwise. Thanks for looking!

Stamps: Stampin' Up! "Spring Solitude" Set, Impression Obsession "Sentiments"; Cardstock: Pumpkin Pie, Barely Banana, Tempting Turquoise (Stampin' Up!), GP white; Inks: Pumpkin Pie, Barely Banana, Tempting Turquoise (Stampin' Up!); Accessories: Nestabilities (Spellbinders), gold brads (craft store), ribbon (craft store), and flower petals (Michaels and Wal*Mart).

2 comments:

  1. Barbara, I'm so sorry to hear about your mother! Sending you a big cyber hug!

    Your card is fabulous! I love the way you used the wheeled background for your own designer paper, and I think the combo is great with Tempting Turquoise instead, too!

    You're in my thoughts and prayers! Tammy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! I love the prima flowers!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!